- What is Yoga?
- The benefits of Yoga for people and society.
- Yoga’s great teachers, historical retrospection.
- The 6 philosophical systems of India-Sad Darshanas.
- Philosophical texts: YogaSutras Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita.
- Yoga-YogaMargas paths.
- The eight steps of Patanjali, the obstacles-kleshas in spiritual development and the motions of the vou- vrttis.
- Bioenergy Anatomy. Analysis and study of the energy centers and channels – chakras, prana (bioenergy), gunas (the 3 qualities), shariras (bodies), koshas (the 5 housings – housings).
- Anatomy – Physiology: – Muscular System – Functional anatomy –
- Respiratory System – Cardiovascular System – Endocrine System – Nervous System.
- Kinesiology: Joints, Movements, Axes, levels of motion
- Characteristics of a Yoga teacher.
- Yoga and labor market.
- Introduction to the Ayurvedic diet.
- Yoga and children – introduction.
B. Practical Lessons
- Pawanmuktasana A,B,C
- Surya Namaskara: Sivanda, Satyananda, Chandra Namaskara Satyanandra Surya Namascara A, Surya Namascara B practice and methodology of teaching.
- The techniques of HathaYoga: Kriyas, Asanas, Pranayama, Mudras, Bandhas.
- Asanas: uprights, balances, supports, inverted, over-stretches, seated and front bends, torso turns, spines, spine decompression (analysis – technique – teaching – alignment principle – methodology-correction-mythology-chakras).
- Basic Sanskrit – Names of Asanas
- Program design – Course structure.
- Correction operations – Safety principles.
- Therapeutic exercises of Yoga for the eyes.
- 2day experiential silence and fasting. for self- awareness and introspection. Silence appreciation vacuity .It teaches you to move to the heart, discover the beauty around you and find happiness. A two-day purifying techniques – shatkarmas, dance therapy, bioenergy management, singingbowls and mantras, kinetic meditation, NidraYoga, emotion release.
- Cardiopulmonary rejuvenation techniques – first aid-CPR.
This training program is recognized by the Worldwide Yoga Alliance Qualifications Organization and accredits graduates internationally recognized Hatha Yoga Masters and as certified members of the Yoga Alliance at the RYT-300 * level.
Philosophy: deep study in philosophical texts: Upasinades, Yoga sutras, Patanjali, Gita, Mahabharata
Hatha Yoga Pradipika-analysis
Yoga and lifestyle ,ahimsa non violence in the life of yoga teachers
Darma\karma in the life of yoga teachers
Ayurveda: Introduction, typology ,the 5 elements ,the 3 biological temperaments doshas ,the 6 tastes rashas
Ayurvedic nutrition according to tempers
Nidra Yoga : Analysis of the functioning of the conscious, subconscious and unconscious mind. What is Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep), historical retrospection. Reprogramming techniques of the subconscious mind, advanced pranayama and meditation.
Chakras. The energy system: subtle bodies, energy channels, energy centers.
The function and purpose of chakras, energy blockages, balancing techniques through asanas, pranayamas, mantras and pratyahara techniques.
Yoga and Third Age. Physiology of Aging. Modern Data on the Benefits of Yoga and Meditation in the Third Age. Osteoporosis, Hypertension, Osteoarthritis and Modifications of Exercise.
Therapeutic Yoga. Stress – Depression and Benefits of Yoga and Meditation. Neuroanatomy – Neuropathogenicity and Yoga application on the nervous system pathologies (Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease).
- Tactile cueing ,corrections , use of props in each Asana ,adaptations for special populations
- Functional anatomy and kinesiological analysis of Asanas
- Asanas versus eye pathology
- Asanas versus disease
- Themed classes
- Yoga and rehabilitation
- Advanced Asanas
- Teaching Methodology
- Connection of nervous and muscular system with Chakras (western and eastern approach)
- Class plan : 60’ 75’ 90’
- Class Planning : Traditional Hatha Yoga vinyasa yoga ,chakras vinyasa yoga vinyasa handstand-inversion sequence
- Self practice :hip openers hand stands -vinyasa inversions splits.
- Introduction to Thai massage through asanas
- Mantras -use as medicine
- Verbal and body adjustment techniques of the method
Philosophy – Questions- Answers
Introduction in the Pranayama of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga , Zen Chanting and ZEN meditation ( by Christina Karitinou)
* Prerequisites :
1. 200 yoga diploma
2. interview with the program director
3. Candidate s Completed application and questionnaire
* The candidate that has completed the 200 and 300 hour training gets the higher certification by YOGA ALLIANCE: 500
YOGA RETREAT IN RISHIKESH, INDIA
Visit to the holy places of India on a ten-day trip to the birthplace of Yoga.
- Familiarizing with the culture and roots of Yoga in the city with the most Ashrams.
- everyday practices (asanas, pranayamas, meditation) with great Yogi people next to Ganges and large Yoga schools (Ashrams).
- Experiencing Yoga lifestyle through the “origin”
*** In this unique trip can participate all those who wish to discover the Yoga philosophy, the harmony of the body and the mind, and also want to change their lifestyle.